Air quality in our homes is equally important as we enjoy our day to day indoor amenities. Clean air is not possible these days due to the constant degradation and air pollution. With modern technological developments, however, it’s been possible to use an air purifier to clean out the air we breathe when indoors. According to a report by ConsumerSearch expert tests, the HEPA filter removes about 99.9% of dust particles and impurities from the air including pollen, mold, spores, pet dander, and/or dust mites.
This guide will help you to decide the best air purifier for your home.
5 Best Air purifier
1. Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier (Advanced Technology), Wi-fi & Bluetooth Enabled, Tower TP04 (Iron/Blue)
Dyson Pure Cool (Advanced Technology) air purifiers have a unique algorithm that processes the input from three onboard sensors – diagnosing and reporting air quality metrics in real time. So you can see your air quality right now, and maintain it at the right level. Sensors – Humidity and temperature sensor constantly monitors the relative humidity and temperature in the room. Particles sensor uses laser measurement for constant particulate concentration analysis. Gas sensor detects volatile organic compounds and NO2.
- Automatically senses and reports air quality levels (PM 2.5, PM 10, VOC, NO2 & overall AQI) on the LCD screen and Dyson Link App in real-time; the only purifier to report ALL of these separately.
- 360 degrees Glass HEPA Filter & Tris Impregnated Activated Carbon Filter capture 99.95% of harmful ultra-fine pollutants & allergens as small as PM 0.1.
- Patented Air MultiplierTM technology projects over 360 liters of purified air per second across your whole room
- 350 degrees oscillation ensures proper circulation throughout the room; personalized angle feature
- Suitable for medium to large size rooms with a coverage area of upto 600 sq.ft.
- Energy efficient; Wattage: 40W (at max. setting);
- Warranty – 2 years. Parts and Labour. Easy returns.
- Certified Asthma & Allergy Friendly by AAFA (Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America)
- Diffused mode, 10-speed settings, Auto mode, Night mode, Sleep timer, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth enabled. Easy filter change with notification on app / LCD screen when any of the filters need replacement.
- Functional and attractive design
- Good air purification performance
- Decent odour removal capabilities
- LCD screen to display air quality metrics
- Could have been priced lower
- Easy to topple over
- Large power adapter.
2. Sharp FP-F40E-T 31-Watt Air Purifier
When it comes to naturally clean and healthy air for their indoors, over 7 crore users worldwide have put their trust in Sharp.
- Generates fresh indoor air by emitting the same positive and negative ions that occur in nature
- Neutralizes harmful VOCs and toxic gases
- Kills harmful airborne microbes including H1N1, E. Coli, MRSA, TB & more to sterilize indoor air
- Removes static electricity that traps dust particles and pollen
- Helps skin retain moisture & improve its elasticity and texture.
- Captures 99.97% of 0.3-micron dust particles
- Larger filter surface area for higher performance & efficiency
- Highest CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) in its category.
- Combines active and passive purification system much better than only filtration systems
- Active plasma cluster eliminates smell, toxic gases, VOC, pathogens (mould, virus, dust mites, fungi etc. particles up to 0.01microns) from both air and surface
- Passive HEPA system traps PM2.5 particles, smoke, house Dust and Pollen and the pre-filter traps heavy dust particles
- Product and technology certified by 28 global labs for safety and effectiveness
- Extra thick True HEPA for advanced Purification
- The product has a larger filter surface area for higher performance.
- It has a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- It is certified by 28 global labs.
- There are no cons of the product.
3. Mi Air Purifier 2S (White)
Now breathe clean, odour-free and allergen-free air with the new Mi Air Purifier 2S. The new air purifier comes with advanced OLED display, Laser Particle Sensor and a high 310m³ PM/hr CADR which effectively cleans a room in 10 min. Use the Mi Home App to remotely control your purifier from anywhere, set auto on and know the air quality and filter status from the app.
- Air Purifier Type – Room; Purification method – PET primary filter, Ultra-dense EPA, Activated Carbon. The rated power is 29 watts and the rated frequency is 50 / 60Hz
- The New Mi Air Purifier 2S comes with OLED display which shows real-time AQI, Temperature and Humidity levels
- Coverage area: 400 sq. ft. / 37 sq. mtrs., suitable for bedroom/living room (medium)
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 310 m3/hr; CADR indicates the volume of purified air (in cubic meters) which an air purifier produces every hour
- Warranty: 1 year on the product.
- 3- layer filtration, removes harmful PM2.5, Cleans air (400 square feet in 10 minutes)
- Smart control through Mi Home App and Alexa
- Three different modes- Auto, Sleep and Favourite
- Wattage: 4.8-29 watts
- Includes: Air Purifier, Filter, User Guide, Power Cable
- Affordable price
- Control via Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Compact and Minimal design
- Effectively cleans the indoor air
- Produces noticeable noisy but only at max spee.
4. Honeywell HAC25M1201W 53-Watt Room Air Purifier
This air purifier contains high-efficiency particulate arrest (HEPA) filter type. This filtration system delivers clean and fresh air at a high speed. Combined with activated carbon filter, it also removes any microscopic pollutant and allergens above 0.3 microns including pollens and also removes formaldehyde, toxic gases, VOCs and odour.
- 12 months manufacturer warranty + Register on the brand website to get an extra 2 years warranty
- Presenting Air Touch A5 indoor air purifier by Honeywell, a Fortune 100 company. Visit honeywellsmarthomes.com to know more
- Versatile Coverage Area and efficiency – CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) – 250 m3/h, offers up to 323 sq. ft. coverage area for a room with 9 feet height – suitable for use in living rooms and bedrooms
- Three stages advanced filtration system that removes pollutants with more than 99% efficiency
- Washable pre-filter that removes larger dust particles, pet hair/dander, soil etc
- Combined filter with High-efficiency HEPA and activated carbon filter that removes any microscopic pollutant and allergens above 0.3 microns including PM2.5 and pollens
- It also removes formaldehyde, toxic gases, VOCs & odour
- Completely ‘Ozone Free’ Air Purifier. Does not emit any harmful gases as a byproduct of the filtration technology
- Approximately 3000 hours of filter life, basis the ambient pollution can work for a year if used for 8 hours daily
- Call 1800 103 4761 for a quick advice or service request
- You can get a warranty of 1-year on the product.
- There is a sensitive laser dust sensor on the model that indicates the dust.
- The purifier is completely ozone free.
- It might make a slow noise.
5. Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier (White)
With professional-grade sensing performance, the Philips Air Purifier Series 1000 automatically monitors and purifies the air. Ideal for bedrooms, with quiet NightSense auto-mode.
Night sensing mode is a new technology especially designed for your bedroom. Be reassured of constant air quality monitoring and clean air delivery while you sleep. It is quiet as whisper to help you and your family sleep better.
- Air Purifier Type – Room; Purification method – High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 677 sq. ft. / 63 sq. mtrs., especially suitable for bedrooms
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 270 m3/hr
- Wattage: 11 to 50 watts (lowest to highest fan speed, depending on usage)
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Philips – the No. 1 Brand in Air Purifiers in India (Source: Euromonitor International Ltd; Consumer Appliances 2017ED; retail volume sales in units, 2016 data)
- VitaShield IPS (Intelligent Purification System) Technology with Auto Mode, Allergen Mode & NightSense (automatic light sensing) mode; Certified by AHAM, ECARF, and Airmid
- Removes 99.97% allergens & ultra-fine particles as small as 0.02 microns, 100 times smaller than PM 2.5
- 4-color air quality indicator for real-time feedback & child lock feature, Touch Panel UI with 2-color panel display
- Extra-thick NanoProtect TRUE HEPA Series 1 Filter
- Certified by AHAM, ECARF, and Airmid
- intelligent Purification System
- Auto Mode technology
- Allergen Mode & NightSense
- 100% Ozone Free
- Pollution mode is not automatic