The fruit has is native to North America and has its highest production in China accounting for about 50% production in the world. It also grows abundantly in several parts of Asia such as Iran and Turkey. In India, walnuts are profusely grown in Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Jammu & Kashmir.
Nutrition Value of Walnuts
Walnuts being the healthiest dry fruit are packed with major nutritional ingredients and are known to be the most popular amongst all. Some of the important ingredients in the walnut include:
- Vitamin b6
Top 5 Walnut/Akhrot Brands in India
Tulsi Walnut Kernels
Tulsi is one of the most reputed dry fruit brand in India that delivers plain walnuts and premium flavored nuts completely free from cholesterol. This is a high-quality product that is manufactured and distributed under the company’s ISO 22000:2005 & HACCP certification.Key Features of Tulsi Walnut Kernels
- No chemicals and preservatives
- Purely organic
- Packed with omega-3 acids
- Crispy and fresh
- The shelf life of around 6 months
GO Organic Light Broken Walnuts
GO Organic Light Broken Walnuts are the walnuts that are 100% natural and organic walnuts produced by a group of Kashmir kernels. The quality, vacuum packing, and the freshness of the walnuts stay addictive.
Key Features of GO Organic Light Broken Walnuts
- Purely organic and gluten-free
- 100% vegetarian product
- Vacuum packing for longer shelf life
- Hand-picked high-quality walnuts
Sainik’s Dry Fruit Mall Walnut
Sainik’s Dry Fruit Mall Walnuts are premium quality walnuts from the land of Kashmir. Organically made and thoughtfully processed, these walnuts are joyfully purchased by people all across the country in transparent pouches.
Key Features of Sainik’s Dry Fruit Mall Walnut:
- 100% organic
- No preservatives
- High in antioxidants
- High in energy
- The prolonged shelf life of around 9 to 10 months
Borges Walnuts are high-quality walnuts manufactured by the reputed company established in the 19th century. The top-notch quality and seamless integration of food products have made the produced dry fruits have made its stand in various markets around the world including Spain, Portugal, and United States of America.
Key Features of Borges Walnuts
- Purely vegetarian
- The high amount of omega 3
- Zero trans fats
- No cholesterol
Ancy Natural Kashmiri Walnuts
Ancy Natural Kashmiri Walnuts are sun-ripened, crunchy, and delicious walnuts with a powerhouse of nutrition. The company takes utmost care of the quality, taste, and freshness at every stage of growing, harvesting, and selling the walnuts. They come packed in a green air-tight plastic wrapper.
Key Features of Ancy Natural Kashmiri Walnuts:
- No sweetener added
- No artificial flavors
- Rich source of protein
- The powerhouse of important nutrition
- The prolonged shelf life of 12 months
Health Benefits of Walnuts:
- High Source of Antioxidants: Rich in antioxidants, walnuts help to fight any kind of oxidative damage induced in the body.
- High Source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids: High in omega 3 fatty acids, walnuts dramatically reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Reduce Inflammation: Walnuts greatly help to reduce inflammation that becomes the major cause of diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s, and heart disorders.
- Reduce Risk of Some Cancers: Observational studies have proved that walnuts reduce the risk of cancer mainly breast, colorectal, and prostate cancer through its anti-inflammatory actions.
- Supports Weight Management: Walnuts promote the functioning of human body organs that work to reduce or increase weight.
- Reduce the Risk of Diabetes: Walnuts are beneficial to control blood sugar and also work to cure diabetes.
- Lower Blood Pressure: Walnuts help relieve the causes of blood pressure and keep you away from all stress-induced within the body.
- Promote Brain Functioning: High in polyunsaturated fat and vitamin E, walnuts work miracles to help reduce any kind of damage or inflammation in the brain.
Tips to Store Walnuts
Walnuts have high oil content and hence become rancid early. Here are some of the most significant tips to store walnuts in order to keep it fresh all throughout:
- There are two ways of storing walnuts; one is with shell and one without the shell.
- If the shells are removed, store walnuts in the refrigerator for about 6 months and in the freezer for about one year.
- If the shells are not removed, store walnuts in an air-tight container for about 3 months.
- Do not store shelled walnuts in a refrigerator or freezer.